Updated September 20, 2019
Acceptable Use Policy
This Acceptable use policy identifies activities that you are prohibited from engaging in when using Acadium services ("Services" or in the case of an individual service, "Service"), and explain the way in which our platform is meant to be used. Any capitalized terms not defined herein shall have the meaning ascribed to them from Acadium’s Terms of Service.
Please report violations of this Acceptable Use Policy to email@example.com
When using Acadium Services, you may not:
- Use our Services in any way that is against applicable law. Including, but not limited to:
- Offering goods or services, or post or upload Materials that contravene or that facilitate or promote activities that contravene the laws of the jurisdictions in which you operate or do business.
- Illegal activity such as child pornography; gambling; piracy; violating copyright, trademark or other intellectual property laws.
- Promoting or condoning hateful content or violence against people based on race, ethnicity, colour, national origin, religion, age, gender, sexual orientation, disability, medical condition, veteran status or other forms of discriminatory intolerance.
- Promoting, condoning or supporting organizations, platforms or people that: (i) promote or condone hateful activities listed above in 1.c.; or (ii) threaten or condone violence to further a cause.
- Threatening, harassing, stalking, defaming, defrauding, degrading, victimizing, bullying or intimidating anyone for any reason.
- Posting or uploading any materials that contain personally identifiable information, sensitive personal information, or confidential information, such as credit card numbers, confidential national ID numbers, or account passwords unless you have consent from the person to whom the information belongs or who is otherwise authorized to provide such consent. Furthermore, you may not use the Services to collect, store, or process any protected health information subject to the Health Insurance Portabiltiy and Accountability Act (“HIPAA”), any applicable health privacy regulation or any other applicable law governing the processing, use, or disclosure of protected health information.
- Post, upload, download, email or otherwise transmit any material that contains software viruses or any other computer code, files or programs designed to interrupt, destroy or limit the functionality of any computer software or hardware or telecommunications equipment.
- Disrupt or interfere with the security of, or otherwise abuse, the Site, or any services, system resources, accounts, servers, or networks connected to or accessible through the Site or affiliated or linked websites.
- Solicit monetary compensation in any circumstances for the time or work that you put in while on Acadium.
- Use the Services in a way that could harm them or impair anyone else's use of them. Including:
- Any attempt to gain unauthorized access to a Service, acting to deny others access to a Service, or authorizing any third party to access or use the Services on your behalf (such as anyone without a license or revealing to anyone your username and password).
- Use the Services to try to gain unauthorized access to any other service, data, account or network by any means.
- Use any automated process or service to access or use the Services such as a BOT, a spider or periodic caching of information stored by Acadium.
- Intending to harm or exploit minors in any way, or collecting personally identifiable information of any minor.
- Falsify any information, post inaccurate information or in any way misrepresent your identity or the identity of your business.
- Including misrepresenting the source of anything you post or upload or impersonating another individual or entity, such as with "spoofing".
- Use the Services to transmit, distribute, or deliver any unsolicited bulk or unsolicited commercial e-mail (i.e., spam).
- Remove, modify, or tamper with any regulatory or legal notice or link that is incorporated into the Services.
- Including providing or creating links to external sites that violate this Acceptable use policy or other legal agreements Acadium provides.
- As well as any use of the Services to distribute any offering or link designed to violate these terms (e.g., enable sending of spam, enable denial of service attacks, etc.)
- Acadium is not responsible for the content of any user-created posting, listing or message. The decision to view content or engage with others is yours. We advise you to use your judgment.
- You are responsible for protecting your computer against interference, spyware or viruses that may be encountered for downloaded items from the service. We recommend you install a virus protection program on your computer and keep it up to date.
- Information you provide or upload to the Services may be stored outside of the country in which you reside.
If Acadium believes that unauthorized or improper use is being made of the Services, it may, without notice and at its sole discretion, take such action as it deems appropriate, including blocking messages from a particular internet domain, mail server or IP address. Violation of this policy can lead to termination of a customer's account.
Acadium reserves the right to amend or change the Acceptable Use Policy of our Services at any time without notice. We encourage you to periodically review these guidelines to ensure you are in compliance.
Nothing in this policy is intended to grant any rights in the Acadium Services. Failure to enforce this policy in every instance does not amount to a waiver of Acadium's rights.